Amy Gerard, CMT
For as long as I can remember, I've been drawn to helping people. From an early age, people always told me I was a 'good listener.' As a body worker, the most important thing you can do is to 'listen' on a deep level.
In 2003, I graduated from The Swedish Institute, received my massage therapy license from New York State and have never looked back!
The last sixteen plus years has been a gratifying journey. It’s really an honor to facilitate healing and relaxation and to witness transformation in my clients. Over the years, I have worked in a medical massage practice, chiropractor's office, sports rehab center, a prenatal massage therapy clinic and now solely in my private practice.
I moved across the country in 2008 and found my true home in California. I love exploring our beautiful Bay Area with my husband and sons, while focusing on my private practice on the quiet, West End of Alameda.
I have additional certifications in perinatal and geriatric massage and a special love for these two modalities. (During prenatal massage, I use the Body Cushions system, which allows you to lay comfortably and safely on your belly, even during late pregnancy.)
I look forward to continuing to do this healing work, serving my community and am always open to the next steps of growth, collaboration and connection.
Thank you for trusting me with your special self!
Amy J. Gerard
The Swedish Institute College of Massage Therapy and Allied Health Sciences - New York, NY 2003
- Associate’s Degree in Occupational Studies
- Swedish massage
- Advanced Western Techniques
- Sports massage
- Health Professional Ethics
- Geriatric massage
Ohio State University - Columbus, OH 1992
- School of Music
New York State License No: 017052 March 2003
California State Certification No:7851
Employment as a Licensed Massage Therapist
- Harbor Bay Club- Alameda, CA 11/11-7/13
- Oakwood Athletic Club- Lafayette, CA 6/09-1/11
- Well-Being Massage Therapy- East Bay, CA 6/04-present
- The Medical Massage Group - New York, NY 8/07-5/08
- Maternal Massage and More - New York, NY 1/07-5/08
- Dr. Andrew Bernsohn, D.C. P.C.- New York, NY 9/04-5/08
- Medical massage for chiropractic patients
Additional Certifications and Training
- Geriatric Massage Therapy - Daybreak Geriatric Massage Institute 1/09
- Reiki Level II– Janet Cristenfeld 2006
- Trigger Point Therapy I (5 CEUs) - The Swedish Institute 2006
- Shiatsu for the Massage Table (5 CEUs) - The Swedish Institute 2005
- Releasing the Psoas - Yoga Center of Brooklyn 2005
- Bodywork for the Childbearing Cycle(20 CEUs) - Niara Healing Arts 2004
-Certification in perinatal massage
- Reiki Level I - Elaine Abrams
- Reiki Level II - Janet Christensen 2000
Internships and Volunteer Experiences
- Cobble Hill Health Center – Brooklyn, NY 2001
Massagetherapy for Alzheimer’s patients
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center – New York, NY 2002
Chair massage for families and children in treatment
- New York City Marathon 2002
Post-eventmassage for runners
*Professional member of the American Massage Therapy Association